"I have been tagged to post 8 random facts. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts: Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged. Go to their blog and leave a comment telling them they're tagged."Rock on, let's get started!!!
1. When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronaut. My grandpa would take me to air shows (he was a retired Air Force pilot) and I loved the Air & Space Smithsonian Museum. I even went to Space Camp!!! (I'm wearing my camp shirt, 17 years later, in the photo above - not that you can see it.) I studied books and manuals and got the most out of my math and science classes in high school. And then I went off to college and bombed. Sure, actually going to class would have solved that problem, but I can trace part of my troubles to a particularly odd word problem. I thought it was strange that we were calculating the volume of some guy's pool, so he'd know how many buckets of water to bring from the lake. Why did he need a pool if he had a lake? Especially if he was just going to fill it with lake water? :)
2. I have a thing for stray cats. I had my very first cat from kittenhood, but all the others have been previously homeless. I just can't help it! If not for my darling husband, I'd be a creepy cat lady with a million cats.
3. I have had the same pillow my whole life. I'm 31. At this point, I think only my love is holding it together. Its come to be shaped like a dog bone, from all the tucking into my shoulder. I take it with me when we travel, because I just can't sleep without it. If I ever forget it somewhere, I'm totally screwed.
4. I drive a Toyota Echo. It only came out in 2000 or 2001, but Toyota already doesn't make it anymore. If you're familiar with it, you'll know that it has a large back end, thusly, a big butt. My license plates say: OMG BKY. Its my own personal entertainment on the road, watching people figure it out. :)
5. My husband and I eloped.... in Vegas. We'd been planning this dreamy destination wedding in St. Thomas, USVI, but the wedding planners kept quitting, making it more and more difficult to plan. We'd already had the trip to Vegas with friends planned, so we jumped on it. Thing is, we didn't tell anyone!!! We made reservations at the Little Church of the West, and dinner reservations for that night. Then we got our rings and great outfits. We arrived in Vegas before our friends, so we used that time to get our marriage license. We met up with our friends at the hotel pool, and casually asked them if they had plans the next night, because we needed witnesses!!! They were stunned, but excited for us! We had a blast and are sooooo glad we did it!
6. I love love love man vs. nature movies. Especially if they're made-for-tv. 10.5 Apocalypse might be one of my favorites. They're just so ridiculous and dramatic, and the actors are having such a time trying to make it work... I just can't get enough!!
7. Gooses. I love gooses. (yes, gooses! :)) Canadian ones, to be specific. The way they waddle when the run, their long long necks, their fuzzy little babies.... Knowing this, my sweet husband proposed to me while we were feeding them bread. I couldn't have imagined it happen in a more perfect way. /sigh
8. Before I met Dave (the aforementioned husband), I didn't really cook. I mean, I could cook, but it was mostly stuff out of boxes. I certainly didn't own a cookbook. I'd started offering to make him dinner and pie, and he joked that the pie (banana cream) would probably come out purple!!! Well, to be funny, I added food coloring and made it purple. He didn't think it was as funny as I did. O well. We can't all have great senses of humor. :)
I've really enjoyed this!! Now, peaches, its your turn!! I think you all are terrific, and I'd love to get to know you a little better!!!:
Tag!!! You're it!