Friday, April 11, 2008

Why I Never Want to Move

Ah, Friday! I don't know about you, but my work-week really flew by. Here it is Friday, and we've had nothing but leftovers all week!

Now, the Canadian geese in our area have all paired off to raise their chicks - these photos are from February! We have a wee baseball field behind our apartment (with these views from our balcony), and every morning, at around 7:15, this flock of geese would fly in. They would spend the day flying back and forth from this field to the little pond on the other side of our complex. (I don't have a photo of that.)


Why does this matter, you ask? It doesn't, other than that it brought me great joy every morning, listening to them honk by. You see, my darling husband proposed marriage to me while we were feeding geese (almost 3 years ago, now) and I couldn't have imagined a more perfect proposal.

We were supposed to move to our new condo in March, and I am glad it fell through, not only because of the crummy housing market, but this means that I get another late-Winter of morning gooses!

No recipe today, just good wishes for a great weekend! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie, we're partners' in Taste and Create :) this month! I want to try all your dishes!

Your post reminds of our pet goose, he loved to follow my dad around the farm.

Gay

giz said...

Seeing the Canada geese is always hearthwarming - it's a sign of spring. There is a reserve right around the corner from me and all the geese are coming home. It's such a great time of year!!!

Katie B. said...

Hi Gay! I spent hours yesterday going through your recipes! This will be fun!

Giz - Aw! I want a reserve! That sounds like TONS of geese! I'm sure it will soon be over-run with baby geese! I want to come visit! :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh... I love Canadian geese too. I don't blame you for wanting to stay there forever :)

Anonymous said...

i wish i could have a positive emotional reaction to canada geese, which overrun every lawn and playground and inch of open space there is around here.

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Ah, great story. One of the fields near our house is usually full of Canada Geese but so far no sign of them this year, I hope they come soon.