Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Where have I been?


Sick. Sick and un-hungry. Saturday morning, I woke up with a case of the oogies. I thought it was something I ate, but then Sunday night, the Hubs got the oogies, too. What's grosser than one person sick? Two people sick!!! Woo!

That in mind, we've been getting by with applesauce and chicken soup. Before you get excited, both were from a jar or can. I know, I know, but the last thing I wanted to do was actually cook. Part of how I new I was sick on Saturday (aside from the headache and generally achy-ness) was that the smell of cooking bacon made me feel ill. Can you believe that? Cooking bacon!!! I LOVE bacon! I immediately put myself on the couch. I'm sure you can understand why.

I tried to make a tart to participate in the round of Hay Hay its Donna! Day: Tarts , but it took me two days, was late, and then I didn't even like the tart. (It went into the trash.) I'd also wanted to whip something up for They Go Really Well Together 6... but that didn't happen. Aaaaaaand I wanted to try my hand at In The Bag September.. still nothing. Still only applesauce in a jar, and chicken soup from a can. And even then, not much of either.

Why am I telling you this? Because I think you should go take a looksie at those sites, if you haven't already. The events are dreamy, the ideas are great, and even if I couldn't participate, I think they still deserve your attention. Hop to!

We might be back on a normal food schedule tomorrow-ish. I had half a sandwich for lunch today... so things are looking up.

O, and Kevin - I promise I'll try to make applesauce this weekend. :)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Ohhh, I hope you are feeling better! I'm such a baby when I get sick, so it would kill me if my husband got sick at the same time. I would have to call my mom to come take care of me!

Katie B. said...

Deborah - Feeling much better now, thanks!!! I myself like to be left alone when I'm sick, so I'd have to call my mom to come take care of my also-sick husband! :)