Thursday, June 14, 2007

Candlelight and Jazz

Imagine it, romantic and peaceful... candles flickering, jazz on the radio, lovely baked ziti on the table...

Except... there was no jazz... and the candles were there to make light, not mood... the ziti was real (I picked it up at the store myself!)...

You see, we'd lost power yesterday afternoon. I suspected it before I got home, as the nearby traffic lights were dark... so I picked up some baked ziti from Rubinos Pizzeria. Sure enough, the neighborhood was dark and gloomy from the storms.

Mind you, I was a girl scout, so you think I would have been prepared for this. I couldn't find a single flashlight and I broke a lamp as I dug in the closet for my squirreled-away candles (hey, it was dark!). I tried to read by window-light, and then by candlelight, but Abe Lincoln, I am not. I ended up going to bed at 9:30.

At least the ziti was yummy. A coworker recommended it, and I enjoyed it so much, I plan on asking him for more local food advice! :)

I wish I knew how to knit.

No comments: